My name is W. Caleb McDaniel. I’m an assistant professor of history at Rice University and a scholar of the nineteenth-century United States. On this site you can find my publications, occasional posts on my current research and teaching, and some geeky computer hacks.
My first book, The Problem of Democracy in the Age of Slavery: Garrisonian Abolitionists and Transatlantic Reform, was published by LSU Press in May 2013. You can read the introduction online or purchase the book from Amazon.
In the Fall 2013 semester, I will be teaching FWIS 173, a freshman writing seminar on “Legendary Americans,” and HIST 246, “The American Civil War Era.”
You can send me snail mail at my department or send me an email at .
- Using Pandoc on iOS (Sorta) | May 3, 2013
- Turning Gmail into Google Reader | March 21, 2013
- Get Book Citations at the Command Line using OttoBib and ISBNdb | March 16, 2013
- The Abolitionists on PBS | January 15, 2013
- The Lives of Frederick Douglass | January 9, 2013